Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Author Interview: Kristin Walker

Kristin Walker debuted with her laugh-out-loud novel, A Match Made in High School, earlier this year. I got the chance to read the novel and it was a delightful, fun piece. You can read my review of it here.

If you would like to learn more about Kristin or her novel, visit her at: http://www.kristin-walker.com/.

Firstly, what inspired you to write A Match Made in High School?

I was inspired by my obsession to get published, to tell the truth. I'd tried for years to sell a book, and I kept moving up in age range until I finally accepted the fact that I'd have to write a young adult novel. From there, I decided to write a funny one. And then I got the idea for MATCH and it seemed like it could be pretty hilarious. Then I was off!

Out of all of your characters, who would you say you favour the most?


Hmm...I really like Fiona and Todd of course, but my favourite (I spelled it ala Canada!) is Johnny. He's just so endearing and funny to me.

If A Match Made in High School becomes a movie or show, which actors/actresses do you want to play your characters?

I get asked this question a lot, and it seems crazy to even think about that. Usually, I say I want unknown actors to play the leads. But I have to say that Eden Sher ("The Middle") could totally rock the role of Fiona.

What do you find is the hardest aspect in writing? And the easiest?

For me, the writing the first draft is the hardest. It's difficult not to get overwhelmed by the amount of work ahead of me. Sustaining momentum is a challenge. The easiest aspect for me is creating characters. I struggle with plot, but my characters come to me fairly easily.

What genres or story plots do you still want to try out that you have not done yet?

Wow, good question. I don't know! I think I might try something in adult romance.

Do you have any novels you are working on at the moment or will be releasing soon? If so, can you please give us a brief summary about them?

I have another young adult novel in the works for Razorbill, and I'm working on a middle grade paranormal about a group of kids who start a business dealing with the town's ghosts.

Lastly, please give us an interesting fact about yourself that not many people know of!

I'd love to be an extra in a zombie movie. How fun would that be?

post signature

1 comment:

MissA said...

This novel sounds funny and cute. It would be so cool to be a zombie extra!!