Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: You're Beautiful

Title: You're Beautiful
Type: Show
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2009
My Rating: 5/5

Go Mi Nyu (Park Shin Hye) has been raised by the church for most of her life. She plans to go to Rome to become a full-fledge nun where she can fully devote herself to God.

However, she finds out that her twin brother, Go Mi Nam, is going to be in a popular band called AN.JELL. He is currently in America, recovering from plastic surgery. So Go Mi Nyu is asked to pretend to be him long enough so "Go Mi Nam" can sign the contract to be an official member of AN.JELL.

What is supposed to be a temporarily step-in turns out for the worse for Go Mi Nyu. Instead, she must keeping pretending to be her brother until he returns to South Korea. In the meantime, she must deal with the AN.JELL band members: moody Hwang Tae Kyung (Jang Geun Suk), hyperactive Jeremy (Lee Hong Ki), and kind Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa). Will she be able to keep her identity a secret?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DRAMA!! ♥♥♥ (This unprofessional and fangirly comment pretty much sums up everything).

I didn't bother looking at this drama before because I saw screencaps that made it look like a depressing show (and I hate depressing things). However, through recommendation from friends and fellow bloggers, I decided to give it a go during my break after exams. And it was the best decision ever!

I literally hooted with laughter when Jang Geun Suk came on with his weird hairdo and thick eyeliner for his character. I didn't even know that he was going to star in the show and I was delighted that he did though because I am a fan of his! His role in You're Beautiful just made me into an even bigger fangirl!

I found all of the actors to be amazing! I don't know how the director did it but everyone chosen were perfect for their parts! Their backgrounds and emotions were all so real! There were so many moments that made me topple out of my chair laughing like crazy while others made me bawl like a child! The story keeps you going episode after episode without being cliche and over-dramatized.

The relationship between Go Mi Nyu and the others are so cute! She has got to be the most adorable protagonist ever in Korean dramas! You just want to pet her on the head as much as Shin Woo does! (I am now a Park Shin Hye fan!)

Is You're Beautiful that amazing? YES! It's the first Korean drama I have ever completed! I have seen quite a few Korean dramas but I never finished them because I lose interest easily. Seriously, even if it is Korean and you don't watch Asian films, you have to see You're Beautiful! There's only 16 episodes! <-Is so going to buy the series!

The trailer has no subtitles, I apologize (couldn't find any that does).


post signature

9 comments:

Eleni said...

Interesting! I love Korean pop music, so I'm sure I'll love their Tv shows. I'm sure to look this one up, I just hope they have subtitles, thanks for sharing!

yuan said...

LOL, I toldddddddd you it was good. JGS. <333

Monster of Books said...

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this drama a adaptation of Hana Yori Dango??

Liviania said...

It sounds cute.

BTW, have you ever seen RH Plus? It's a silly vampire detective Japanese drama that's utterly adorable.

Dara said...

So fascinating! I want to watch it :) I've never actually seen Korean drama before but I'd like to see this one.

Where do you find it? I'll have to see if I can find it subtitled somewhere.

Persephone said...

I started watching this with my sisters a while ago, it's very cute and funny~ I love mother-hen aka the other man aka towel boy!

Diana Dang said...

Wow, I didn't expect a large amount for this one xD

For anyone who wants the subs!: http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/youre-beautiful-episode-list/

@Book Monster: Nope, completely different. The Korean HYD is called Boys Before Flowers. :3 It stars another favourite actor of mine, Lee Min Ho! <3

@Liviania: Ooh, I haven't watched Japanese drama for so long, I'll check it out!

deltay said...

I've been meaning to post about YOU"RE BEAUTIFUL too. Watched all sixteen episodes within one weekend in January, right in the midst of final culminating assignemnts and all too, it was that amazing :) FT Island is pretty awesome, hadn't realized that Lee Hongki was so young! And ShinWoo's new band CN Blue is pretty awesome too. YB ftw! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this show!!!! It's SO much like Hana Yori Dango though, but it stands out in its own way so it's okay ;) Aww I miss Hon Ki!!