Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: Leap Year

Title: Leap Year
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2010
My Rating: 5/5

Anna Brady (Amy Adams) is not the type to joke around and is considered a perfectionist. Although she has that serious exterior, like most girls, she is hoping for her boyfriend to propose to her. However, when things did not turn out the way she expected, she decides to take things into her own hands.

Her plan is to go to Ireland, following an old Irish tradition where the female can ask her partner to marry her on Leap Day. Her arrival there instead turns out to be a disaster as she lands on Dingle, miles away from Dublin, which is her destination. She encounters a handsome but cynical Irish native by the name of Declan (Matthew Goode) who reluctantly drives her to Dublin. Together, the polar-opposite duo goes on a trip of their lifetime!

When my second attempt to watch Avatar 3D IMAX failed yet again, I decided to go for Leap Year. I didn't have high expectations but I still expected it to be good. Luckily, it exceeded my thoughts!

Leap Year was definitely the chick flick I needed. Witty with romantic moments, I found myself tearing up in the right parts. There were so many comedic scenes that a sitcom fan like me had to enjoy it! Not to mention, romance in Europe with a handsome, accented stranger? It just got itself an extra 100 points!

I absolutely love love Declan! He has got to be one of the best foreign male leads in chick flicks yet! His sarcasm towards anything American and also to his own country was absolutely hilarious! The more I saw him on screen, the more I fell in love with him! Add Anna to the mix and the chemistry came out of be an explosion with satisfying results!

If you are a romantic comedy fanatic, l tell you now, go watch Leap Year! This is something you have to watch with your girlfriends because it will leave you squealing in delight! I am so buying the movie the moment it comes out on DVD!


post signature

3 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Oooh this looks good will have to see it soon :)

Dara said...

How did I NOT know about this movie??

Thanks for posting this--I have to see it now. :P

Unknown said...

I thought this movie was bleh but I LOVED Matthew Goode in it!! He made that movie and for that I am also buying it on dvd especially so that I can rewind it to the part where he makes that adorable face and hugs the pillow! Awww! It was too cute! :D