Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane

Title: Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2007
My Rating: 3.5/5

On a flight to Paris, passengers are unaware that scientists on board have smuggled in a deadly genetically engineered virus. When the ride gets bumpy during a storm, it accidentally gets released. How harmful is this virus? It reanimates the dead and those infected spread it around by attacking and biting the living. Will this hellish ride ever end?

This is a very typical zombie movie as you can probably tell. A pretty decent one to watch if you are certainly bored and just want to see some zombie action. The makeup and effects are well done as well as the acting.

There were times where I thought the duration of being zombified was way too off. Some people turned right away while others didn't happen until much later on. I thought they should at least clarify on how fast the virus worked on the body.

If you want a great plot that is a mind-blower, you won't find any in this film. However, if you just want zombies popping out of nowhere and snacking the hell out of the living, Flight of the Living Dead is for you.


post signature

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Interesting, never heard of it.

Thanks for the comment on the holey donuts review. You can enter to win BIG here:

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/you-read-my-review-now-win.html

Please use my blog name and I get entered to win some money...it would mean a lot at the moment for the family.

-Lauren