Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

Title: Chasing Brooklyn
Author: Lisa Schroeder
Description: Brooklyn can’t sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe’s ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn’t Lucca visiting her dreams.



Hm, I don't know if this would be my kind of novel. I haven't read any of the author's previous works nor have I actually read any reviews for them so I can't say. Have anyone read this one? Or any novels by Lisa Schroeder? If so, what is your opinion?

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read I heart you you haunt me and chasing brooklyn from Lisa Schroeder - amazing reads, very quick but they are soo full of story. The characters lept off the page for me, in both. Though they are verse novels, you think that the story might lack but it SOO does not...

Really beautiful, I recommend them both!

Krista/Tower of Books said...

I've read Far From You, and I really enjoyed it. Lisa Schroeder has a way with verse. :D