Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Title: The Body Finder
Author: Kimberly Derting
Description: Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.


To be honest, I never knew what this book was about before the trailer. And can I say, awesome?!

This trailer was made by the popular book blogger Vania over at Reverie Book Reviews! If you don't know her, then go check her out! She does amazing photography and do shoots for books!

post signature

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I love this trailer, I can't wait until this comes out.

Amy said...

Props to vania! That trailer could pass for a publishers...
so excited to read this book, even if I'm kind of over paranormal...
-amy

Diana Dang said...

I believe the publisher or author hired her to make it. :D

I just like the idea of finding dead bodies so much! XD