Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Q4U: E-books, yes or no?

Q4U (Question 4 U) is a feature on Stop, Drop, and Read! that appears on random days. A question is asked for you to answer, where it could range from getting feedbacks for the blog to a start of a fun topic!

As you may realize, e-books are starting to become more frequent in the book industry. With the new iPad released, it has given more opportunities for people to read their novels electronically asides the Kindle. So...

E-books, yes or no?

I don't think I would ever buy e-books. I get headaches reading a novel from the screen and I just prefer to have a book in my hand. Reading it online doesn't feel like it's really a novel like it would in hard copy.

If you have e-books, what are your experiences with them like? If not, will you consider?
post signature

9 comments:

ninefly said...

I may like ebooks more if I get a reader, but for now I really prefer paper books
the only upside to ebooks is that you can find quotes easier (ctrl+F) lol

Diana Dang said...

I never thought of quote finding. xD Convenient for essay.

Monster of Books said...

I have read e-books before, but I prefer actual books. It feels more real and not so virtual. It takes the whole calm atmosphere of reading away.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April (BooksandWine) said...

I have an e-reader, and honestly I think ebooks are perfect for reading classics. My ereader pages look just like a real book. It's not quite as heavy as a hardcover Stephen King, so perfect for reading in bed. I think there's a world of difference between reading an ebook on your computer and reading one on a reader. :-)

I'd like to think ebooks and physical books can coexist perfectly, as I have 100 free public domain classics downloaded, as well as almost 1000 physical books. They live together in harmony.

Unknown said...

I prefer paper books, honestly. Think about it: if everything was electronic, we wouldn't have bookstores to go to or libraries. That would be sad. :(

wdebo said...

Hm, I really don't like E-books, I like reading actually books more, because reading on the computer for long periods of time hurts my eyes.

Diana Dang said...

@April: I guess if you put it that way, ebooks aren't so bad with ereaders. Though I still doubt I would go to ebooks unless I get a free reader.

Donna said...

I use to feel like you did about reading ebooks. I even read an ebook on my laptop, it was a horrible experience. Then I bought a Sony Reader from a friend (it was the only way I would get one, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I felt I'd most likely wouldn't like). I ended up liking the ereader, a lot. Nothing beats a real paper book but reading on an ereader is actually a pleasant experience and perfect when traveling. I really like having the luxury of an ereader.