Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (Feb 15/10)

Mailbox



Borrowed

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Dracula by Bram Stoker

Won

Love Hurts: Aishiatteru Futari by Suzuki Tanaka + Bookmarks + Posters

For English, I have to do a comparing and contrasting essay. I wanted to read Pride and Prejudice for awhile so I chose it as one of my two books. My teacher suggested Dracula to go along with it and although I am not into vampires right now, this is the original so why not?

Have you read either of the classics? If so, did you like it?

Want to do your own Mailbox Meme? Check out how to at The Story Siren!


~~~

Music Machine

Title: Girls
Artist/Band: Se7en feat. LiL Kim
Language: English
My Thoughts: I thought I should add some English to the mix since I'm sure most people aren't willing to listen to foreign music (yet). Se7en is a Korean artist who has been around for quite some time and is known by pretty much anyone who is into Kpop music. He is one of the first Kpop artists I listened to when I was first got into the genre.

I know this song sends out such a bad message, but I love it! Not a fan of the MV nor LiL Kim though. (I listen to the version without LiL Kim in it).


post signature

4 comments:

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Awesome.... I love the Books and music mix!!=)

Enjoy your reads and tunes!!=)


http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Allison said...

I absolutely adore classics! Sure, maybe I haven't read either of them but they inspire a lot of books out these days.

Se7en was one of the first Korean artists I listened to also! I always listen to his 24/7 album when it's really late at night. I think he's going to make a comeback in Korea this year. Too bad he didn't explode in America. Korean artists are better off staying in Korea because they still end up getting worldwide popularity. No point in going to far.

Se7en has some cute English, even if this song is not like his other songs <3 Also, it's Lil Kim in the MV.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read either classic but I really want to. That's an interesting suggestion your teacher made. Should make for an interesting essay.

Happy reading and good luck with the essay! ;D

Diana Dang said...

@Allison: Ackk! Sorry, brain damage! x-x //fixes//

Yea, but I do like how some Kpop artists try. :)) It's nice to hear Kpop singers sing in English tho. :D