Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Axis Power Hetalia (The Complete First Season)

Title: Axis Power Hetalia
Type: Show
Age Group: Teens
Release Year: 2008
My Rating: 4.5/5

Axis Power Hetalia is based off of World War II. It is a fun anime where each country is represented by an anthropomorphic character. For the Axis Power, you get the built and stern Germany, quiet and dignified Japan, and of course, cowardly and loving Italy! There are also The Allied Forces, including France, China, England, America, and Russia. All with their distinct uniform and personality.

Since this was originally a webcomic, strips were transformed into about a minute-long animation. Together, each show is about five minutes long.

I remember hearing a lot about Hetalia on the online art community and saw fanart of the series everywhere. Since the premises sounded interesting with the WWII and all, I decided to check it out. And I enjoyed it very much!

As a manga fan, I in fact do not watch anime. I can not sit down to watch any show unless the show has something to offer me. What Hetalia provides is great entertainment within the span of five minutes for the watcher. You can finish the entire season within a couple of hours if you wanted to. It keeps your attention and of course does not waste your time if you hate to sit there for half an hour.

There is no real concrete plot in Axis Power Hetalia since this is based off of a series of comic strips. Therefore, they are quite random and sometimes very cute. They are not hard to understand but is much better if you know your history.

I definitely recommend Axis Power Hetalia for people who would like to watch anime but for some reason can never last long with a series! And also for those who are looking for quick entertainment!

post signature

No comments: