Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Confessions of a First Daughter by Cassidy Calloway

Title: Confessions of a First Daughter
Author: Cassidy Calloway
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 214
My Rating: 5/5

Sometimes, parents can make us teens miserable. But sometimes, their jobs can too!

Morgan Abbott wants a normal life. But normal is something completely out of her reach! Her mother is the president of the country so she is unable to do anything she wants! Can't a girl have a little fun without making it onto tomorrow's headlines? Talk about pressure, especially if one is prone to messing things up! And not to mention having an adorable agent who is practically her shadow!

But when Morgan has a very important task to pretend to be her mother, aka President of the United States, can she pull it off? Or will her cover be blown?

After reading a novel that left me in pure boredom, I wanted something fun to bring my reading mood back up. So sitting on my shelves held plentiful books but many are of darker subjects. When I saw Confessions of a First Daughter sitting there, I decided to give it a go. And yes, it definitely brought my mood up 100%!

Within the first two pages, I already liked Morgan. Her sense of humour drew me in quickly and I rooted for her throughout. She is definitely a cool gal and even if she does screw things up sometimes, she's still human. I was disappointed her relationship with Max, the secret service agent, was not elaborated on as much as I hoped. But the rest of the story made up for the lack of intense, deep romance.

What pushed me to give the novel a 5/5 is the way Calloway effectively put all of the tidbits information of the characters into good use. As in you know this one little detail about the protagonist and because of it, it almost ruins things for her somewhere else in the story! I found it to be quite witty of the author and it made the novel an even better read! She also wrapped up everything so nicely!

Confessions of a First Daughter is a fantastic quick and entertaining read for those who wants a break from fantasy novels or whatnot! I am so looking forward to the sequel if there is to be one!

You can get a glimpse of the novel by clicking here!

(P.S. And gosh, I love how toned the model's legs are!)

Review copy provided by
HarperCollins.

post signature

4 comments:

Thao said...

I like the idea of this book. Will try it if I have a chance.

Sara said...

I want to read this one so badly... it reminds me of that move with Mandy Moore in it, where she falls for a secret service guy, but he's undercover... so she doesn't know. Really cute, feel good romance!

Diana Dang said...

Ooh! Which movie is that? I don't really like Mandy Moore but sounds like a cute plot!

Leslie said...

hmm i think i'll give this one a chance =)