Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: The Proposal

Title: The Proposal
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2009
My Rating: 4/5

Uptight and bossy executive editor-in-chief, Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock), has her visa rejected. She is soon to be deported back to Canada and that is something she does not want to happen. So she decides to blackmail her assistant, Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds), into marrying her so she can stay in America. He reluctantly agrees because he can get promoted. So it is a win-win situation. All they have to do is fake lovers. Easy...right?

But Margaret did not expect that they are to fly all the way to Alaska to meet Andrew's family! There they tumble into funny situations and learn more about each other. But their relationship is strictly business. What will happen to the two when their plan changes?

Ah, watching The Proposal reminds me why I love romantic comedies. This story is totally cute with enough funny moments and emotional parts to balance it out.

The last movie I enjoyed Bullock in was Ms. Congeniality, back in the 2000s. But the last movie I watched her in was Premonition, which was a little sad and one I wasn't so eager for. I love her in this role as Margaret who she plays a boss that takes everything seriously. She evolves from the beginning to the end because she learns some valuable lessons as she spends time with Andrew.

Reynolds is such a cutie! I adored him in Definitely, Maybe and was thrilled to see him in another great chick flick! You also get to see him butt-naked in The Proposal and oh my, love the body much? I think I drooled a little when I saw him with nothing on! (Private part covered, no worries!) As Andrew, his father has a lot of expectations from him to take over the family's businesses. But Andrew lives for his dreams, not his parents'. I am a little envious of him because I'm the total opposite.

The Proposal is a great movie for a girls night out. You can watch two contrasting characters come together, making you wish you were in that situation too. And now I just discover a potential career I might want to go into! Woot for book publishing!

post signature

4 comments:

wdebo said...

Haha Diana ur so funny =]

Sounds like a great movie, maybe I'll have a chick flick marathon for my birthday :D YEAH!!

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

Lol, thanks! xD A chick flick marathon? :O That sounds awesome! *w*

Kay Cassidy said...

I so want to see this. Sandra and Ryan are always fabulous. Together? That's a guaranteed date movie at Casa Cassidy. :-)

Diana Dang said...

Haha, si!