Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Baby and I

Title: Baby and I
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2008
My Rating: 5/5

Han Joon-so (Jang Geun-suk) is a very attractive eighteen years old delinquent. His parents are devastated to know that he will never change his ways and decide to one day run away! Well, more like stay out of town for awhile and tell him through a home made video that his attitude has chased them away. Strange as it is, Joon-so does not mind so much and continues on with his daily life.

While he goes grocery shopping, he finds a baby boy in his cart with a note saying that he is the father! Shocked, he goes around asking all the previous girls he was with if the child, Woo-ram (Moon Mason), belongs to any of them. Not only did he not find the mother but he got quite a bit of pounding on top of it.

Unsure of what to do, Joon-so attempts to abandon the baby. He fails so everytime. With no one to take care of Woo-ram, he brings him to school and causes an uproar. As time passes, the inevitable happens between the young father and the toddler.

I simply LOVE this movie!! When my friend introduced it to me, the first thing I did was gawked at Jang Geun-suk. He plays a prince in my favourite historical Korean drama called Hong Gil Dong and I was surprised how young he looked. When I searched him up, I found out he is only 21 years old instead of 26-ish (like his character in Hong Gil Dong). I love him in this role and is looking forward to the future movies and dramas he will be in! Moon is also the cutest baby I've seen on TV! He's a baby model over in South Korea and I just want to pinch his cheeks whenever he comes on the screen! Haha, I wonder how he'll grow up to look like.

Moving away from the actors, the movie is very comical and adorable! If you are a Korean drama addict, this is something you should overlook! I forced my cousin to watch it until she did and she loves it as much as I do! Even if you do not watch Asian dramas, you should definitely try this movie!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to watch this movie now. I loved Jang Geun-suk in Hong Gil Dong.

Diana Dang said...

Omg, another Jang Geun-suk fan! Eeek! <3 Yes, I love him in Hong Gil Dong but I love him in Baby and I better! <3