Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trailer Tuesday: Swim the Fly by Donald Calame

Hey guys! I have decided to make a new feature. Seeing that nowadays how I don't have a lot of reviews up due to school, I needed to come up with something I am able to post about without spending too much time on it. So! Every Tuesday (hopefully), I will post up a different book trailer starting today! =) I hope that this feature has not already been done. I rather not be accused of for stealing ideas. So I tell you now that this came on top of my head over the weekend. I don't mind if you guys do it too but it would be nice if you refer back to here.

Oh! For authors: If you would like to promote your book, feel free to shoot me an email (on sidebar) along with a youtube link to your book trailer. I will have it up for the following week unless another author have been scheduled before you.


For fans: I know there are a few fans that make trailers of their favourite books. So if you're one of them and you would like to have your trailer up on Stop, Drop, and Read!, shoot me an email also (sidebar). Okay, let's get started with our first trailer!


Title:
Swim the Fly

Author: Donald Calame
Description
:
Three adolescent boys with a single goal: see a real live naked girl. The result? Razor-sharp, rapid-fire, and raunchy, of course. And beyond hilarious.

Fifteen-year-old Matt Gratton and his two best friends, Coop and Sean, always set themselves a summertime goal. This year's? To see a real-live naked girl for the first time — quite a challenge, given that none of the guys has the nerve to even ask a girl out on a date. But catching a girl in the buff starts to look easy compared to Matt's other summertime aspiration: to swim the 100-yard butterfly (the hardest stroke known to God or man) as a way to impress Kelly West, the sizzling new star of the swim team. In the spirit of Hollywood’s blockbuster comedies, screenwriter-turned-YA-novelist Don Calame unleashes a true ode to the adolescent male: characters who are side-splittingly funny, sometimes crude, yet always full of heart.




Isn't this a hilarious trailer?? I really want to read Swim the Fly! I found it at a book launch party at Darby Speaks for A Walk Through a Window by Kc Dyer. Go check it out! You still have time to catch some cool prizes!

post signature

4 comments:

Steph Su said...

I'm really excited to read this one as well. :)

Diana Dang said...

It looks like a very fun read x)

Lenore Appelhans said...

Book trailers are getting more popular - which is fun!

Diana Dang said...

Totally true! =)