Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sephora by Melissa Schweiger

Title: Sephora
Author: Melissa Schweiger
Age Group: Older Teens +
# of Pages: 212
My Rating: 4/5

Are you a make-up fanatic? Love to know about the coolest products? Need to brush up on your skills? Then Sephora is for you! Packed with information and beautiful photographs, you can learn new makeup tips, different tools of use, how to keep you skin glowing, and much more!

Since I rarely use makeup in my life, it is sort of hard for me try out the techniques without the right equipments. Unfortunately also, it is not a step-by-step book with images. They do describe how to apply certain makeup and such but there aren't really any pictures to show you how to do it properly. (I am a visual learner so I just skimmed through the text). I think my favourite category of the book is "Skin Smarts" and like the title suggests, it is all about keeping your skin flawless.

Sephora is a book for the people who already uses makeup. If you are a newbie like me, I don't suggest you try this book to start you off.

post signature

No comments: