Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In My Mailbox - XIV

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Sephora by Melissa Schweiger

The Bought



Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber
Ouran High School Host Club vol. 10-11 by Bisco Hatori
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King
Zombie Queen by Amanda Ashby

The Received



In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash

First I want to say, oh my god. Can you believe it? I BOUGHT BOOKS! Even though they are through gift cards I have accumulated over time, I STILL GOT BOOKS! Actual novels! Why is it such a big shocker? Believe it or not, the last book I purchased (and even then it was through my dad's money) was four years ago. After that, every dime and gift card spent was purely on mangas. Books I either get from publishers for reviews, gifts, or won online. Until now of course.

I had $50 with me yesterday in four gift cards. There was a sale going on, 20% off for every teen and kid book. I refuse to miss any sale when it comes to YA fiction and mangas. I knew I wanted the three novels I have purchased. There were two more I wanted but they were only available in hardcover (Need by Carrie Jones and The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan). And The Elite by Jennifer Banash was not on shelf. I want to read that before moving onto In Too Deep. As a cheapstake, I want to get as much with as little as I have. I ended up saving $10.10. Hah! Just enough for another book! But I have a feeling it'll be awhile until I buy another one. I have, uh, quite a bit in my room that are still unread.

Don't you just love the Sephora cover?? My school library just got it yesterday. Since I am on good terms with the librarians, I managed to snag it before it was inputted through the computer completely. Why did I pick it up? I know this may sound a bit far-fetch to anyone that knows me (unless I told them) but I want to be a model. Which I know will not be happening soon because my skin and weight is sorta killing my chances at the moment. So I need to get my hand down with the practical stuff first before even dreaming about getting on the runway. Which is makeup where I have zero talent in. But, I wonder if I will try any of the tips...

Oh! And this week there will be much more posts than the last two. I have already planned what reviews will go up on each day. Finally, some activity for this dying blog.

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only finished volume 2 of ouran high school. hoping to continue soon. :)

Diana Dang said...

You definitely should! Very enjoyable!

Bookworm said...

I LOVED Death by Bikini--definitely one of my faves. I hope you ADORE it like I did! I'm also really wanting to read D100D....lucky you!

YA Book Realm said...

Oh i so know what you mean about buying books, i am broke half the time. But i got a 25 dollar gift card and I'm so afraid of buying books because I have a lot unread, i blame school! But I'm planning on getting books I read before and loved like maybe some Sarah Dessen novels, Meg Cabot 1-800-Where-R-U series except I don't find any good deals for them. =(

Need to read Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber, I've had a copy of this since September have not read it yet. Oh I'm definitely buying The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King, soon. Great books!

Diana Dang said...

I had to get it. xD I received Death by Latte by Linda herself but I like to read my books in order. So I finally got the first volume! I'm so glad to hear someone enjoyed it. I look forward to reading it also!

Diana Dang said...

@YA Book Realm: I know! Since there is a sale, I agreed to spend all of my $50 in one go.

Yea, my Death by Latte have been sitting on shelf for a couple of months now! xD

Lenore Appelhans said...

I am a serious sephora addict!

Hope you love Dust of 100 Dogs as much as I did.

Diana Dang said...

I have never used any Sephora products. Haha, one is not a makeup person and two their things are expensive!

I hope so too! =D